Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Thank You Letter to God

By the end of this week the 'illegal' status of listening to Christmas music will be lifted and I can come out of hiding, as I have been listening to Christmas music since before Halloween- yup, I am one of those people. And I'm willing to confess that our habit of starting our celebration extremely early can be slightly obnoxious and annoying, however I will only offer you a small apology. Sorry.

In all fairness, I do acknowledge that I can sometimes rush over Thanksgiving in my excitement of the nearness of Christmas, and in attempts to fully explore the things that I have to be grateful for I wrote a thank you letter to God and I thought I would share it with you.


Dear God,

I wish I could say that I thank you every day for little things you bless me with, but it don't.
Perhaps my mind a gets clouded with momentary stress and my heart gets forgetful with temporary happiness. No matter the reason, I am extremely far behind in saying thank you.

I want to start by saying I am extremely thankful for the people you have put into my life. You have given relationships with missionaries around the world to mentor me and show me how to spread your joy. Friends who take the time to listen to my sorrows and make me smile. And the family you have blessed me with knows me perfectly and supports me in all of my trails and victories.

The knowledge that you are watching over me and caring about my troubles, makes me feel very honored and grateful. You have always provided for my needs, why do I worry?

Thank you for loving me and allowing me the privilege of learning how to love you in return. (and man, is it fun being loved by you!)

Then there are all of the little things; the opportunity to learn and grow, my ability to swim, the fun I find in varies activities. The warmth of the sunshine, the beauty of the snow, the healing of laughter, the nurturing of tears. I would have to write on and on and on and on before I even put a dent in a proper list of thank yous I have for you; but since I am limited by time and you are not, I guess that these letters are going to have to happen more often than on Thanksgiving.


Thank you (for everything and then some!)

No comments:

Post a Comment